Friday, August 21

WWSC - Runner's Club update


Here is a message from Ed Crites - our beloved President of the WW. Runner's Club:

"Fellow Runners,

We have thirteen on the email list, which I think is great. Please tell anyone else you know who might be interested to email me so they can be added.

Several have expressed interest in another group run on Saturday at 7:00 a.m., starting from the pool parking lot. I thought 6-miles was a good distance, understanding that some may cut it short. I have to go out-of-town Saturday, so I leave it to those who show up to work-out the details.

Also, some have asked about planning a run during the week, but there as yet does not appear to be a consensus as to a good time or day. We'll keep working on it. I invite your input.

Regarding a community run, I appeared at the meeting of the Board of Alderman Tuesday and told the members of our group and of our desire to organize a community run the Saturday morning after Octoberfest. They were receptive, but suggested that it begin at Rohan Woods School rather than the pool parking lot, inasmuch as that will still be cluttered from night before. They also wanted details as to the route. They asked that I speak with Police Chief Stanczak to work-out the details and that I return next month to make a detailed proposal. Chief Stanczak thought we would need at least 6 volunteers to help direct runners and watch for traffic. Please let me know ASAP if you are interested in helping organize/put-on the event. We do not have much time to plan the event.

If you have other suggestions/comments, please let me know.

Keep running.

Ed Crites"

Thanks for the update Ed, looking forward to seeing the growth of our Club!

No comments:

Post a Comment