Friday, May 16
Monday, April 21
Transcript from the Church Bulletin:
Tickets are available in the parish office Monday through Friday, 8am to 4pm. "
Saturday, April 19
) 5 Multifamily homes
Wednesday, April 16
Saturday, April 12
Wednesday, April 2
Sunday, March 30
Monday, March 24
Thank you so much Dick Lodge for letting me share with that story on the BLOG!!
Friday, March 14
Wednesday, March 12
Sunday, February 23
Sunday, February 2
If you've ever thought of making your home more sustainable in terms of water by adding a rain garden, landscaping, or through rainwater harvesting, check out some of the elements of the program and apply by March 21 to get a rebate of up to $2,000 (up to 75% of project costs). The deadline was Feb 12, but they extended it to this week.
Here are some of the things that are included:
Saturday, January 25
Ever since I read this Slate article about how parenting looks different in a variety of cultures this past April, I've thought a lot about the positive impact that a daily walk has on kids. I loved this quote from the article in particular:
"Meanwhile in Spain, everyone—experts, doctors, mothers—stressed the importance of a stimulating
daily walk [for children's development]: You see the people in your neighborhood. Objects aren’t stimulating. People are stimulating."
It rang true to me in April, especially in this neighborhood where everyone is out walking and you really will run into people you know as you stroll, and I've thought about that quote several times since then. We still aren't doing walks daily, but we do them as often as we can. And when it's been a really good day and we feel relaxed (you fellow parents know how good those days feel when they happen!), we call it an "Adventure Walk" and my five year old son gets to lead us.
In addition to seeing half of the neighborhood out on a walk during our Adventure Walk, we also experienced the following:
- The secret passage sidewalk behind Rohan Woods. This is probably one of the neatest things about the neighborhood. We need more of them! It is great for stimulating the kids' imaginations!
- We heard the church bells nearby play the entire song "Let There Be Peace On Earth." I think the church must have been excited about the weather, too.
- A woman doing hill workouts at the park by the pool while her kids played - what a smart use of time!
- The sun peeking through the tree line that runs just north of Warson Woods Road. You can see it from intersection at Renderer and Warson Woods Road if you look Southeast.
- Lots of happy smiles from all of the kids we saw. They love being outside and we can't wait for Spring weather (and the pool to open!)
Thursday, January 23
If you haven't ventured west on Manchester to the Daily Bread in Des Peres, add it to your must-see list for this month! This casual restaurant has out-of-this-world breakfast sandwiches, lots of comfy seating, and a cookie case that will make your kids' day!
Other favorite menu items are the Mountain Cookie, the Ginger-Peach Iced Tea and the perfectly-made lunch salads. The Daily Bread takes the casual breakfast/lunch cafe to the next level...
This is a wonderful spot...and I am so glad it is right down the street! I'll see you there soon!