Monday, June 29

The Iron Chef Corner




I am a foodie. I love eating well. The other day, I am talking to my friend Rodney, and he tells me how much he enjoyed eating oysters. I love oysters myself. Raw oysters. So here is a little tip to really appreciate the full flavor of this treasure of the sea. By the way, have you ever ask yourself who was the first person who decided one day looking at an oyster to crack it open and eat it!! That takes some imagination to find what kind of looks like a rock and crack it to ingest its content.

Back to the tip, besides eating it as is, my favourite way is to add a little Mignonette on it. What is a Mignonette?

Ingredients
1 tablespoon crushed black peppercorns
3 tablespoons finely minced shallots
2/3 cup good quality red wine vinegar
Directions
Combine the ingredients in a glass or stainless-steel bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and store at room temperature overnight. Mignonette sauce will keep for months in the refrigerator.

By the way, always pour the first water of the oyster before eating it and make sure you chew the oyster well before swallowing it. If you just swallow without chewing it, it will keep filtering water in your stomach for a while and create a " Gosh I am so thirsty" feeling, long after you ended your dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment